EM/Youth

The Mystery of Life

페이지 정보

작성자 카마리오한인연합감리교회 작성일23-02-10 03:46 조회675회 댓글0건

본문

1. Date: 2/10/23

2. Sermon Title: The Mystery of Life

3. Context: 1 Kings 19:1-8

(1 Kings 19:1) Now Ahab told Jezebel all that Elijah had done, and how he had killed all the prophets with the sword.

(1 Kings 19:2) Then Jezebel sent a messenger to Elijah, saying, "So may the gods do to me and even more, if I do not make your life as the life of one of them by tomorrow about this time."

(1 Kings 19:3) And he was afraid and arose and ran for his life and came to Beersheba, which belongs to Judah, and left his servant there.

(1 Kings 19:4) But he himself went a day's journey into the wilderness, and came and sat down under a juniper tree; and he requested for himself that he might die, and said, "It is enough; now, O LORD, take my life, for I am not better than my fathers."

(1 Kings 19:5) He lay down and slept under a juniper tree; and behold, there was an angel touching him, and he said to him, "Arise, eat."  

(1 Kings 19:6) Then he looked and behold, there was at his head a bread cake baked on hot stones, and a jar of water. So he ate and drank and lay down again.

(1 Kings 19:7) The angel of the LORD came again a second time and touched him and said, "Arise, eat, because the journey is too great for you."

(1 Kings 19:8) So he arose and ate and drank and went in the strength of that food forty days and forty nights to Horeb, the mountain of God.

4. Preaching Note 

1) Elijah

Elijah is a representative prophet who followed the order of God. Not only prophecy, but he also showed miracles in the name of God. He also stood up against Ahab and Jezebel, who did not obey God's command. One day, he argued with Ahab, who served the gods Baal and Asherah and had a confrontation with 850 priests who worshiped the gods Baal and Asherah on Mount Carmel. The 850 priests prayed to their gods for fire, but it did not come down. However, when Elijah prayed, fire came to the mountain from the sky, and this fire killed 850 priests.

Q.1 Have you ever had your prayers answered?

2) Threaten by Jezebel

After listening to this news, Jezebel was angry about losing her people. In verse 2, she sent a message to Elijah, “You killed my people. I will also take your life as you did.” Elijah felt fear and ran away from Ahab and Jezebel. In verse 4, he came and sat down under a juniper tree. He could not accept this trial. He just followed the order of God, but the result was threatened by Jezebel. With a tired voice, he asked to God, “O LORD, take my life. I am not better than my father.”

One angel came to him. Angel touched him and asked him to eat bread and water. Then, he said, “Arise, eat, because the journey is too great for you.” Elijah arose again and ate food. Then, for forty days, he went to Horeb, the mountain of God.

Q.2 Have you ever grumbled against God?

3) The Mystery of Life

Angel said that the journey is too great. The life of the journey is great. Sometimes, it is not easy to accept because of a lot of challenges. It is difficult to define life. According to John 9:1-3, there is a man blind from birth. The disciples of Jesus asked Jesus, “For what sin was he born blind?” Jesus said, “This man is born blind not because of sin, but because of the works of God that might be displayed in him.” Then, he healed his eyes.

When 13 years old, Bethany Hamilton lost her arm to a shark. She wanted to be a surfer, but because of the accident, she lost her way. She hated God for a long time. However, according to her interview, she felt the plan of God and started surfing again. And surprisingly, she won the tournament six times. Life is mysterious. Beyond hardship and pain, however, there is a God’s plan. Although there are many trials, I hope you can be a Christian who believes in the journey of what God is working.   

Q.3 Have you ever felt God's leading?

모바일 버전으로 보기