EM/Youth

The Identity of Christian

페이지 정보

작성자 카마리오한인연합감리교회 작성일23-03-05 04:08 조회651회 댓글0건

본문

1. Date: 3/5/23

2. Sermon Title: The Identity of Christian

3. Context: Luke 2:48-52

(Luke 2:48) When they saw Him, they were astonished; and His mother said to Him, "Son, why have You treated us this way? Behold, Your father and I have been anxiously looking for You."

(Luke 2:49) And He said to them, "Why is it that you were looking for Me? Did you not know that I had to be in My Father's house?"

(Luke 2:50) But they did not understand the statement which He had made to them.                              (Luke 2:51) And He went down with them and came to Nazareth, and He continued in subjection to them; and His mother treasured all these things in her heart.

(Luke 2:52) And Jesus kept increasing in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men.

4. Preaching Note 

1) Passover

Passover is the feast for celebrating liberation from Egypt. For 430 years, when Israelites were enslaved from Egypt, God saved them. To give thanks to God, Israelites spent 7 days on this feast. The parents of Jesus also participated in this feast. From Nazareth to Jerusalem, they walked approximately 80 miles for this feast. When Jesus was 12, they went to this feast with Him. According to the culture of Israel, they did an adult ceremony when the boy is 13, and the girl is 12. From them, adult means do responsibility for following the Words of God. Jesus was not 13, but His parents went with him for teaching.

Q.1 What is the most memorable teaching from your parents?

2) Boy Jesus

After finishing Passover, the parents of Jesus went back to Nazareth. However, Jesus did not follow them and stayed in the temple. After passing one day, they realized that there is no son. They were surprised and went back to Jerusalem hurry. At Jerusalem, in 3 days, they found Him at the temple. At the temple, He was talking with teachers, who were Pharisees, priests, and scholars who were researching the laws, which God gave. While talking with Jesus, they were surprised by the wisdom of the boy Jesus.

Maria talked to Jesus. “Where were you being? Your father and I were really worried about you. Then, the boy Jesus answered Mom. “Why were you looking for me? I was in the house of my Father.” At that time, people called God Yahweh or Elohim. As they did not call God Father, Maria did not understand His saying. Surprisingly, although His age was 12, Jesus already knew His identity, Christian. He was the first Christian. With this identity the son of God, talked with teachers. This is the reason why they are surprised by His wisdom. He already knew His mission is fulfilling the Words of God.

Q.2 As a Christian, what do you think about yourself?

3) The Identity of Christian

My father is living in Korea. As a Korean, I am a gentile and international student in America. However, in America, I am following the Words of God, who is my Father. As a child of God, I am feeling that God is alive. As a result, this land is also my hometown, as a Christian.

Jesus went back home with His parents. He obeyed His parents. To follow the law of God, “Honor your parents”, He followed them. As a result, God and people loved Him. According to the Greek, love, which is written in verse 52 (in favor), means grace and blessing. As a son of Father, He received grace and blessing from His Father. As a Korean, or Korean American, sometimes you will feel confused about the culture of America. However, beyond the difference in culture, language, and race, the ultimate identity is Christian, who is Father is God. As a Christian, I hope you can feel your real Father, God.

Q.3 What do you think of when you hear the word father?

모바일 버전으로 보기