EM/Youth

Leadership Lessons from Bible Characters (1. Noah, Abraham, Joseph)

페이지 정보

작성자 카마리오한인연합감리교회 작성일18-08-09 00:13 조회24회 댓글0건

본문

1. Noah: Leaders do what's right even if they are alone

In Genesis 6, God is very sad and disappointed about the wickedness that has overtaken humanity. Reluctantly, he decides to wipe out the human race and start from scratch.

Noah, however, is the only one who has been good. 

You know the story. God tells him to build an ark that will save him, his family, and animal life. 

As he is boarding the ark, God says to him, “for you alone I have seen to be righteous before Me in this time.” Literally the whole world was doing what was wrong. But did that stop Noah from doing what was right? Not a chance! 

2. Abraham: Leaders welcome the unknown

God approaches Abraham in Genesis 12 and tells him to “Go forth from your country, and from your relatives and from your father’s house, to the land which I will show you.” In other words, Abraham is instructed to leave his comfort zone and march onward into uncertainty. As leaders it can be hard to take risk when we don’t know what is going to happen in the future! Great leaders are okay with not knowing the future, because they know the truth: the promised land awaits them.

3. Joseph: Leaders bounce back from tough situations

The story of Joseph beginning in Genesis 37 is powerful. The guy had a pretty tough life. He was sold into slavery by his jealous brothers. His father was told that he was killed by a wild animal. He was framed by his boss’s wife and was thrown into prison. He interpreted the dream of a prisoner who was released and restored to his position, but the guy forgot about him. In the end, though, Joseph became the leader of all Egypt–second only to the Pharaoh himself. When there is a famine, he is then able to save his family from starvation. He tells his brothers when he sees them again that, though they meant to harm him, God made it happen so that Joseph was in a position to save them. Leaders have a vision that keeps them going through difficult times.

모바일 버전으로 보기