d열기

EM/Youth

[Sermon Note] A Humble Worship

페이지 정보

작성자 카마리오한인연합감리교회 작성일18-08-28 01:15 조회2,850회 댓글0건

본문

Luke 18

The Parable of the Pharisee and the Tax Collector

To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everyone else, Jesus told this parable: 10 “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.’

13 “But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’

14 “I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”

Worship is a human being's innate need. We were created by God to live by God. Without God, we all feel the lack. Even the one who has everything still feels the need for God. When everything else is satisfied, the spiritual need is still there. 

Paul urges that we should give our bodies as living sacrifice. Jesus died as the last sacrifice. No animal or human has to die as a sacrifice any longer. Jesus was punished for the sins of the world. We now are supposed to be "living" sacrifices. We worship God through living our lives. This means that our attitude in our lives matters. We must have a worshipful attitude in everything that we do. If we think of God and be filled with gratitude while we eat, the act of eating becomes a worship. 

Prayer is the purest form of worship. All the rituals that we do amplify the Christian messages. But the essence lies in prayer, in which we call on God and God answers. Through God's grace, no mediator is needed but Jesus. We pray to God in Jesus' name and the prayer is received. 

Two people went to the temple to pray. One Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee boasted before God in his prayer. God must have scoffed at him. The tax collector regarded himself a sinner and could not even look up. The latter got justified by God. 

What is the right way of worshiping? Humility is the answer. God's grace abounds. Humility is the cup to hold that grace in. "Blessed are the poor in spirit, theirs is the Kingdom of God!" says Jesus. We all know that God is great and holy. We don't have to try to be great before the greatest God. We don't have to boast our own holiness before the One who makes us holy. 

Come sinners as you are. 

Amen.   

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

PC 버전으로 보기