EM/Youth

Receive by Faith

페이지 정보

작성자 카마리오한인연합감리교회 작성일20-01-20 19:53 조회1,070회 댓글0건

본문

Sermon Manuscript

Receive by Faith

Mark 5:24-29

A large crowd followed and pressed around him. 25 And a woman was there who had been subject to bleeding for twelve years. 26 She had suffered a great deal under the care of many doctors and had spent all she had, yet instead of getting better she grew worse. 27 When she heard about Jesus, she came up behind him in the crowd and touched his cloak, 28 because she thought, “If I just touch his clothes, I will be healed.” 29 Immediately her bleeding stopped and she felt in her body that she was freed from her suffering.

Paul says in 2 Corinthians 5 that Christ died for all so that “those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again” (v. 15). Also, in 1 Thessalonians 5:10, that Christ died for us, “so that, whether we are awake or asleep, we may live together with him.” Faith is not just to agree with the fact that Jesus died for us and was raised for us. Faith is to experience the presence of Jesus as he comes to us and says that he died for us. Faith is to hear Jesus say that he died and resurrected for us, and to develop a personal relationship with him. Faith is about living with Jesus, breathing with Jesus, eating with Jesus. Also, faith is to reset the purpose of our lives for Jesus. Now that we have met Jesus, who died for us and was raised again for us, our purpose of life must be to live for him!

Jesus died for all. That is something that is hard to believe, but something that is true. Jesus represents God Himself as God’s Word. Jesus didn’t just die for his disciples but all the people before Jesus and all the people after Jesus, which include you and me. How do we know that? We know that because Jesus comes to us when we hear the gospel and believe in the gospel. His presence testifies and affirm that he did it for us. That personal experience of encountering the spiritual presence of Jesus is the most important condition for developing any genuine faith in Jesus.

Jesus died for all. However, there are people who just do not benefit from this fact. People remain sinful even though Jesus died for their sins. That is the most tragic thing that can happen to anybody. Forgiveness has been given but the sinner would not receive it. God says, “I forgive you,” but the sinner wouldn’t want to listen.

God prepared all the blessings for us. How are we going to receive those blessings? Through faith. That is all it takes.

Today’s passage demonstrates what kind of faith we need to receive anything from Jesus.

There were so many people who were touching Jesus, but only the woman who touched Jesus with faith received the power of healing from the body of Jesus.

God is everywhere, and people are touching the presence of God whether they intend or not, because God is everywhere. However, only those who reach out to God with faith will have a meaningful interaction with God. What enables a meaningful interaction with God is faith. God responds to our faith.

모바일 버전으로 보기