EM/Youth

The Unshakable Faith in God

페이지 정보

작성자 카마리오한인연합감리교회 작성일20-05-26 13:40 조회969회 댓글0건

본문

The Unshakable Trust in God

Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” So we say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper, I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?” (Hebrews 13:5-6)

The adjectival phrase, “free from the love of money” (v. 5), is one word in Greek—“Without-loving-silver.” It does not say we should be free from money itself; it merely says we have to be free from the love of it. Our heart, our love, only belongs to God.

The Greek word that has been translated as “what you have” literally means “the present things,” alluding to God’s presence. So, if we consider the literal meaning of the sentence “be content with what you have,” it translates to “Be helped by God’s presence.” If translated such way, the following quote from Deuteronomy 31:6, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you,” would fit the context even better.

V. 6 tells us that we should have confidence and say boldly, “the Lord is my helper, I will not be afraid.” About what do we become afraid in our lives? Economy, health, relationship, etc. Fear is the result of not having faith. Every bad thing is the result of having not enough good things. Hatred is the result of having no love. Fear is the result of having no faith. What do we believe? We believe in God’s presence that helps me all the time.

모바일 버전으로 보기