페이지 정보작성자 카마리오한인연합감리교회 작성일22-06-23 19:21 조회609회 댓글0건
Title: God`s Care
Context: Genesis 21:8-21
8. And the child grew and was weaned, and Abraham held a great feast on the day that Isaac was weaned.
9. Now Sarah saw the son of Hagar the Egyptian, whom she had borne to Abraham, mocking Isaac.
10. Therefore she said to Abraham, “Drive out this slave woman and her son, for the son of this slave woman shall not be an heir with my son Isaac!”
11. The matter distressed Abraham greatly because of his son Ishmael.
12. But God said to Abraham, “Do not be distressed because of the boy and your slave woman; whatever Sarah tells you, listen to her, for through Isaac your descendants shall be named.
13. And of the son of the slave woman I will make a nation also, because he is your descendant.”
14. So Abraham got up early in the morning and took bread and a skin of water, and gave them to Hagar, putting them on her shoulder, and gave her the boy, and sent her away. And she departed and wandered about in the wilderness of Beersheba.
15. When the water in the skin was used up, she left the boy under one of the bushes.
16. Then she went and sat down opposite him, about a bowshot away, for she said, “May I not see the boy die!” And she sat opposite him and raised her voice and wept. 17. God heard the boy crying; and the angel of God called to Hagar from heaven and said to her, “What is the matter with you, Hagar? Do not fear, for God has heard the voice of the boy where he is.
18. Get up, lift up the boy, and hold him by the hand, for I will make a great nation of him.”
19. Then God opened her eyes, and she saw a well of water, and she went and filled the [m]skin with water and gave the boy a drink.
20. And God was with the boy, and he grew, and he lived in the wilderness and became an archer.
21. He lived in the wilderness of Paran, and his mother took a wife for him from the land of Egypt.
1) Because of Sarah, Hagar and her son are thrown out of the house. In the wilderness of Beer-sheba, their food and water ran out. Hagar cried because she did not want to see her son`s death. As a human, Hagar cried with worry about the future. Without community, there is no one who can listen to her crying.
Q. Who hears your crying?
2) In the story of Sarah and Hagar, there was one who listened to the voice of pain with tears. In verses 12-13, God spoke to Abraham. “Abraham! do not worry! Listen to the request of Sarah. Your son Isaac is your seed. I will make a nation for him.” In Hebrew, the phrase, I will make is ă·śî·men·nū; (אֲשִׂימֶ֑נּוּ). This word’s meaning is root. The root of people comes from God. God listened to the voice of Hagar and sent an angel. The angel said to Hagar, "Don't worry, God heard the voice of the child. Get up! And take your son`s hand. God will make the child a great nation.” God listened to the voice of the child and promised to build a national community to save his dignity.
Q. Have you made any promises to God?
3) Community can be strong in the care of God. In Korea, there is a Separated Family Reunion between North and South Korea. They cannot talk to each other because of crying. They just hug each other. In this world, what is grace to them? Recovery of Community. In the providence of God, people are created in the family. Family is the first gift from God. People freely cry and laugh in their families and decide their own lives. Grace does not require words. Through the grace of community restoration, people can cry and laugh, as human beings. These emotions are the right that God has given us when God created people.
Q. Have you ever heard people’s crying?
등록된 댓글이 없습니다.