EM/Youth

He is Alive

페이지 정보

작성자 카마리오한인연합감리교회 작성일22-09-09 03:41 조회562회 댓글0건

본문

Date: 9/9/22

Sermon Title: He is Alive

Context: Matthew 28:1-10

(Matt 28:1) After the Sabbath, at dawn on the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to look at the tomb.

(Matt 28:2) There was a violent earthquake, for an angel of the Lord came down from heaven and, going to the tomb, rolled back the stone and sat on it.

(Matt 28:3) His appearance was like lightning, and his clothes were white as snow.

(Matt 28:4) The guards were so afraid of him that they shook and became like dead men.

(Matt 28:5) The angel said to the women, "Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified.

(Matt 28:6) He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay.

(Matt 28:7) Then go quickly and tell his disciples: 'He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him.' Now I have told you."

(Matt 28:8) So the women hurried away from the tomb, afraid yet filled with joy, and ran to tell his disciples.

(Matt 28:9) Suddenly Jesus met them. "Greetings," he said. They came to him, clasped his feet and worshiped him.

(Matt 28:10) Then Jesus said to them, "Do not be afraid. Go and tell my brothers to go to Galilee; there they will see me."

Preaching Note  

1. After the Sabbath, at dawn on Sunday, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to see the tomb of Jesus (verse 1). Mary Magdalene and the other Mary wanted to see Jesus because they loved Jesus. The two women thought it would be better if they looked at the grave. The tombs at that time were cave tombs. The two women had their hearts on the tomb and the dead body of Jesus. Both women did not believe in the resurrection. Then, suddenly a great earthquake occurs (verse 2). An angel of the Lord comes down from heaven and to the tomb, rolls the stone away and sits on it (verse 2).

The resurrected body of Jesus is different from the body that died on the cross. A body that died on the cross is a body that can be killed, and resurrected body cannot be killed. Jesus' dead body was transformed into living life. The tomb with the body was changed to an empty tomb without a body.

Q.1 When was the most memorable funeral?

2. The angel speaks to the two women. “Do not be afraid. I know you are looking for Jesus who was crucified.” (Verse 5). The two women did not believe in the resurrection of Jesus and had their hearts on the body that died on the cross. An angel declares to two women. “He is not here. As he said, he is risen. Come and see where he was lying.” (verse 6). The angel tells the two women not to cling to the body of Jesus. The body is transformed into life and the risen Jesus declares that he is not in the tomb. The angel tells the two women to look at the empty tomb.

The angel tells the two women to go to his disciples and say that he has risen and will go to Galilee, where they will see him (v. 7). Today's text does not explain the resurrection of Jesus but emphasizes the declaration of the resurrection of Jesus and the preaching of the resurrection of Jesus.

The two women leave the grave. They run to tell the disciples of Jesus about the resurrection of Jesus (verse 8). On the way, they meet the resurrected Jesus. Jesus greets the two women. ‘Are you in peace? (verse 9) It's 'Greetings!' in English.

Q.2 If Jesus says, “Greetings” to you, how will you respond to him?

3. The resurrected body of Jesus is not the same body that died on the cross. If the resurrected body of Jesus is the same body that died on the cross, then Jesus must die again. The resurrecting of the dead body as it is on the cross is not 'resurrection', but 'resuscitation'. Resuscitation implies dying again. Lazarus was revived and then died again.

1 Corinthians distinguishes between a resurrected body and a resuscitated body. “There are heavenly bodies and there are earthly bodies” (1 Corinthians 15:40). The resuscitated body is earthly, and the resurrected body is a heavenly body. “So is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown perishable, but incorruptibility is raised” (1 Corinthians 15:42). A resuscitated body is a rotting body, and a resurrected body is an incorruptible body. “It is sown in a natural body, but it is raised in a spiritual body” (1 Corinthians 15:44). The resuscitated body is a natural body, and the resurrected body is a spiritual body.

The resurrected body of Jesus was not resurrected from the dead on the cross but was transformed into a heavenly body, an immortal body, and a spiritual body. The earthly body was transformed into a heavenly body, a rotting body into an incorruptible body, and a natural body into a spiritual body.

Jesus speaks to two women. “Tell my brothers to go to Galilee. Then there they will find me” (verse 10). Before Jesus died on the cross, he did his best to save lives in Galilee. Even after his resurrection, Jesus goes to Galilee to save life to the end.

Galilee is the scene of life where Jesus loved people. It is the scene of life where people dreamed of the kingdom of God together. It is the scene of life where the lame rise, the blind open their eyes, the closed ears open their ears, and the dead Lazarus came back to life. The resurrected Jesus is not in his tomb, but in Galilee, the scene of life. The place where Jesus resides has changed from the grave to the scene of life.

Q.3 Where is the most important scene of life for me?

모바일 버전으로 보기